Centerfirst has performed hundreds of thousands of monitors in more than a dozen years, and we continually seek out ways to improve the monitoring process and monitoring forms. We’ve pulled together what we believe are 4 best practices for a call monitoring form and provided a copy of the form that you can download and use today.
A time-tested monitoring form serves several important purposes including:
- Evidence that monitoring is being carried out as described in compliance procedures
- Evaluator comments that can support process improvement or agent coaching
- Performance records for trending and return on investment calculations
4 Best Practices for call monitoring forms are:
- Collect the metadata – that’s a fancy word to say that it is important to collect as much background information about the interaction as possible to add to your monitoring database. Collecting the metadata then sorting and correlating your monitoring results will give you the best opportunity to extract the highest ROI from your call monitoring program.
- Binary scoring – Using a simplified scoring system of 1 for demonstrated the skill requirement, 0 for did not demonstrate the skill requirement, or Not Applicable (NA) when the skill was not required in the call. Our experience has found that this scoring methodology enhances consistency in a naturally subjective process. Detailed evaluator comments are required to help when coaching agents on strengths and development opportunities.
- Skill descriptors – The downloadable template has descriptors for each skill that can easily be shared with agents. Having agent input on descriptors is a great way to improve QM buy-in.
- Skill weighting– It seems obvious that providing greater weigh to compliance skill areas for bio-pharma contact centers is an obvious best practices, but how much weight is the right amount. Our experience has shown that the compliance skill areas should be between 35% and 50% of the overall score, depending on the number of compliance skills evaluated. This level of weighting reflects the importance of this skill area in the bio-pharma industry.
We hope you will find the template helpful and give us feedback on how you modify it to make it fit your specific needs.